I think of the words from Psalm 46; "Be still and know that I am God." Amid our many activities in life, we do need to pause in order to direct our attention to God. In this season of Lent, there are ways in which you can be engaged in meditation to help you better experience this time of the year.
Meditation can take place in the following ways:
1. Meditate on an important word in Scripture, such as peace.
2. Meditate on an important verse in Scripture, such as John 3:16.
3. Meditate on a particular story in Scripture, such as a part of the Passion narrative.
4. Meditate on a Christian symbol, such as the cross.
5. Meditate on a piece of art, such as a painting of the crucifixion scene.
6. Meditate on a selection of music, such as listening to Bach's St. Matthew Passion.
I would invite you into meditation as we are nearing Holy Week. May it enrich your life as you know and feel the depth of Jesus' giving his life for you.